The Outlet Sales Associate is a retail professional who embraces The Orvis Culture and provides a world-class shopping experience to all Orvis customers.
About the Company
In 1856, Charles F. Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering superior fly-fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, Orvis is the trusted source of discovery and adventure in the natural world. For more than a century and a half we have loved the wild, explored it, and protected it. At our core we are a fly-fishing and wingshooting brand, inspired by nature, driven by curiosity, and fulfilled by adventure. We are proud to own, use, and share our offerings in distinctive clothing for men and women, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each product and the services we offer is rooted in our heritage, inspired by our love of the wild, and backed by superior customer service and a 100% guarantee of satisfaction.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
Orvis offers a generous merchandise discount, a scholarship program, and an employer-matched 401(K) savings plan. We also offer varied career paths, such as in-store advancement opportunities and corporate opportunities at our Home Office. Orvis is an equal-opportunity employer.
This position reports directly to the Outlet Manager and interacts daily with other store associates.
- Be an ambassador of the brand and instill the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture in the entire team;
- Achieve defined sales goals;
- Assist customers by providing individualized attention;
- Acquire knowledge of Orvis products;
- Complete additional assignments from store management, including but not limited to:
a. Stocking and maintaining sales floor
b. Processing shipments into and out of outlet
c. Processing catalog orders filled through outlet
d. Maintaining visual presentation standards
- Outgoing, friendly & personable with a positive attitude;
- Team oriented with the ability to take direction and execute with exactness;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Flexibility with schedule, including weekday availability;
- Physical strength to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas.
- Retail experience;
- Merchandising experience;
- Successful sales experience;
- Appreciation for the outdoors.